The registration for IGNOU PhD/M Phil admissions 2018 has started from 23rd January, 2018. And since the notification came in the website of IGNOU, the students who are willing to do Ph.D or M.Phil from IGNOU has sprung into action. They want to get all the relevant information related to IGNOU PhD/M Phil admissions 2018 so that not any single important information could slip their attention. The present blog will enlighten you about all the necessary information regarding PhD/M Phil admissions 2018 fromIGNOU.
IGNOU Research Degree Programmes July, 2018 Session Admission
Last Date of Submission of Application: 16th February, 2018
IGNOU PhD Entrance Test 2018 Date– 4th March, 2018 The shortlisted candidates will be shortlisted for Stage 2 selection process. Stage 2 selection process will include an interview and presentation of synopsis.
The Tentative List of Selected Candidates- 6th April, 2018 The selected candidates will be intimated via offer letters
PhD Program Span- 5 Years
M.Phil Program Span- 4 Years
Maximum Age – No Bar
Medium of Instructions- English
Application Fees- 1400(please verify the amount with the website of IGNOU)
Applications to be Submitted: Applications can be submitted online at https://onlineadmission.ignou.ac.in/entrancersunit/
For Complete Detail: Visit the website of the university i.e. , http://www.ignou.ac.in
The Disciplines for which applications are invited for admission to Ph. D/M.PHIL. programmed (Regular) for July session, 2018:
Ph.D in Psychology, Anthropology, Sociology, Library and Information Science, Political Science, Public Administration, History, Gender and Development Studies, Women’s Studies, Geography, Translation Studies, Statistics, Food & Nutritional Sciences, Environmental Science, Geography, Management, Life Sciences, Management, Commerce, Hindi, Distance Education and Chemistry Discipline
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR M.PHIL./PH.D:-
For M. Phil.:-
Degree– Master’s Degree from any recognized university/qualifications equivalent to any such fields of study as notified for the purpose
Marks: The minimum marks is 55% at the Post Graduation level
Relaxation in Marks: The relaxation of 5% is there is case of reserved categories [SC, ST, OBC (Non-creamy) and PWD].
For Ph.D.:- Master’s Degree and/or M. Phil. in the relevant discipline.
Who will require to appear for the entrance test? Those students who have not cleared NET/ any other equivalent examination, or do not have M. Phil. degree, will be required to appear in the in entrance test.
List of City Codes for the Entrance Test:
- Ahmedabad – 01
- Bengaluru- 02
- Bhopal- 03
- Chandigarh- 04
- Chennai- 05
- Hyderabad- 08
- Lucknow- 10
- Trivandrum- 13
Syllabus for IGNOU Ph.D/M.PHIL Entrance Examination 2018 As there are so many disciplines involved in IGNOU Ph.D/M.PHIL Entrance Examination 2018, it is beyond the extent of this blog to incorporate the syllabus of these subjects. However, if you want to know the syllabus of your subject, you can log on to the website of online admission page of IGNOU.
How to Prepare for IGNOU Ph.D and M.PHIL. Entrance Examination
Cracking the entrance examination of IGNOU Ph.D/M.PHIL is both easy and difficult. If you know the process of preparation, how to approach your study materials, it is easy, but, if you are the one who do the hard work in wrong direction, success will keep on eluding you. Given the time that you get for preparation, you cannot do mastery over the prescribed syllabus. So, it will be highly beneficial for you if you opt for the study materials of some renowned publication house with decade-long experience at least. The study materials/help books of the publication of some repute will help you to select/omit the topic that you should read. And this will certainly prove to be a torch-bearer for the path of your preparation. In addition to it, you will also come to know about the way you should write the answer of your question to get good marks in examination/clear the entrance examination.
The Indira Gandhi National Open University is going to start registration process for IGNOU Scholarship. Applications are invited by university from willing and skilled students for the award of IGNOU-Research Fellowship (IGNOU-RF). Keen contenders, who are studying full time M.Phil and Ph.D Courses from this University and require financial aid for their further studies, can now apply for IGNOU Scholarship 2018 by filling and submit the application form before the last date.
Indira Gandhi National Open University offers the marvelous opportunity to the students who are brilliant in studies but financially week. By providing this IGNOU Scholarship scheme, students can do their further studies without worrying about financial situation. Students who wish to get advantage of IGNOU-RF scheme they can follow below steps. You may attain more information by scrolling down this page which is customized for your ease by the team members of www.recruitmentinboxx.com.
Objective of providing IGNOU Scholarship:
The core objective of offering this Scholarship is to provide a financial support for pursuing M.Phil/Ph.D courses from recognized institutes and get employed/self-employed. These schemes assist to support and improve the skills of disable applicants. Organization awarding Research Fellowships (IGNOU–RF) to full-time research students who are enrolled in M.Phil/Ph.D Progamme of IGNOU:
- ‘Baba Saheb Bhim Rao Ambedkar Fellowship’ for male scholars.
- ‘Savitribai Phule Fellowship’ for female scholars.
Do You Know:How To Get A College Scholarship?
IGNOU Eligibility Criteria:
Candidates who are pursuing M.Phil/Ph.D Programme in Indira Gandhi National Open University on full time basis only those applicants can avail this opportunity.
To avail Indira Gandhi National Open University Scholarship, Interested students need to be below 35 years in age.
- Applicants will get Fellowship @ Rs. 5,000/- p.m. for M.Phil scholars and @Rs.8,000/- pm for Ph.D scholars every month, during the period of the award of IGNOU-RF.
- No other grants or allowances e.g. house rent allowance etc., will be admissible to the candidate.
- Apart from the fellowship each scholar availing fellowship will be paid a contingency grant of Rs.8000/- per annum.
Check Details OnScholarship in IndiaHere
No separate medical claim or allowance will be given to scholar. On the other hand IGNOU-RF awardee may avail medical facilities at the IGNOU Health Centre.
Press Here for IGNOU Scholarship Notification
Press Here for IGNOU Scholarship Link
Procedure For Award Of IGNOU-RF:
- First of all the concerned authority of the organization will screening the application form and sent it to Vice-Chancellor for approval.
- IGNOU-RF will be made available to the selected candidates on annual basis beginning from admission cycle to Research Degree Programme.
- Government of India policy on reservation will be strictly adhered to in the selection of applicants for awards.
- Two fellowships, one each for male & female candidates are reserved for the children of Group B and C employees of IGNOU, pursuing Ph.D degree on full time basis.
- In case there are no applicants in this category, the fellowships will be made open and decision of award will be made accordingly by the Selection Committee.
Terms & Conditions:
- A candidate who is awarded fellowship for one course, after its completion will be eligible for another course too. However, the awardees will not be eligible for a similar or equivalent course.
- No separate medical claim or allowance is admissible. However IGNOU-RF awardee may avail medical facilities at the IGNOU Health Centre
- Fellowship will be awarded for only one course at a time.
- He/She should not be availing fellowship from any agency/source during the same period/should have not availed fellowship from any agency/source for three or more years for his/her research degree work.
Read Out Here:How To Apply For Scholarship Online/ Offline
Steps to Fill IGNOU Scholarship 2018???
- Willing candidates need to visit the official website that is www.ignou.ac.in
- After this candidates must move their cursor to the “About IGNOU” section and then the drop down list will be opened you need to select the “Institutes/Centres/Cells/Units” link.
- On the next page candidates must select the “Research Unit (RU)” link.
- Now you need to select the “Scholarship” tab which is visible left side of the page.
- Then applicants are required to hit on the “Guidelines and Terms & Conditions of IGNOU-RF” link.
- Candidates are required to read the complete IGNOU Scholarship Notification carefully.
- After that you need to press on the “Application Form of IGNOU-RF-Annexure-A” and download the format of application form.
- Then candidates must fill all the relevant details in IGNOU Scholarship Application Form.
- After this candidates should attach photograph and other essential documents/certificates with the application form.
- Now you need to put the application form in an envelope and send it in a below stated address.
Press Here for Download Application form for IGNOU-RF Award
- Academic record – attested copies of relevant certificates/mark sheets for the qualifying examination.
- Proof of annual income – Proof of income shall include last salary slip of parent/guardian, acknowledgement of income tax/income certificate e from revenue official/gazetted officer/public representative e.g. MP, MLA, MLC, Panchayat officials etc.;
- Course fee receipt if any, duly paid during the academic session;
- Attested copy of Aadhar Card
- In case of continuation of scholarship in a succeeding year, a copy of the mark sheet of the preceding year.
Director, Research Unit
CAB Building, Maidan Garhi,
Last date to send application form: September 2018
Candidates are required to stay in touch our web portal i.e. www.recruitmentinboxx.com for latest updates regarding IGNOU Scholarship. You can also bookmark this page by using CTRL+D, to get latest information regarding the same.
You May Also Like To Check This Section