Descriptive Essay Writing Topics
Content of this article
- List of topics
- Useful tool
- Tips on descriptive essay writing
Students think that the descriptive essays are the easiest essays that could be given as a home task. They are quite right, as this kind of essay presupposes involving less research. Writing descriptive essay students should be more personal and use their imagination to the full extent. Descriptive essay always includes creative writing, even if the topic seems to be dull and boring at first glance. However, if you have a chance to choose a topic on yourself, be creative enough as the success of your essay on 75% depends on the chosen topic. Do not avoid generic topics. They may require you to work a little bit harder, but be sure that your work will be completely rewarded by the interest of readers enjoying reading your essay.
Ideas for Descriptive Essay
Descriptive essays may be difficult when you don’t have any idea what to write about. If you are in search of the topic that would be worth exploring, pay attention to the little prompts presented for you in this article. The topics presented below will inspire you and give motivation for the creation of your own writing masterpiece.
Catchy Essay Title Is What You Need
Titles are extremely important as they motivate readers to continue exploring your essay. Your title should grab reader’s attention from the first sight. Your title shouldn’t be long, but it should give concise information about the topic of your essay and catch audience attention so that they decided to continue reading.
Ideas for writing descriptive essay
Writing of the descriptive essay can be quite challenging. This kind of the essay is all about sharing your own experience, however, it is not an easy task what to write about to get success. Therefore, here are some basic tips to help you in writing of good descriptive essay.
Did you Know we can help you Write Your Essay?
Descriptive essay topic list
- Best place for family visit
- Favorite hangout spot
- First moving experience
- Graduation in the life of every student
- Experience of learning new language
- The best place to work
- The first kiss
- First experience of performing in front of the crowd
- The first date
- Making your first speech
- The first concert you’ve visited
- The best present you’ve ever got
- Your lucky charm
- The first award I won
- Running a marathon
- Meeting with an old friend
- Getting lost in the new city
- Not the best day of my life
- The day when I met my love
- The first experience of airplane flying
- A lesson taught by life
- Class reunion
- A camping trip
- A trip to the nature museum
- My worst phobia
- A bouquet for my mother’s birthday
- My life goal
- A day near the ocean
- A family picnic
- Meeting new people
- A scenic view
- A competition you’ve won
- A night walk
- A haunted house
- Watching a parade
- Reunion of the old friends
- A walk through the park
- Waiting in a queue
- Wearing a Halloween costume
- Favorite bookstore
- The biggest dream in your life
- The most horrible nightmare
- A childhood memory
- A favorite place for leisure
- A ride in a train
- The longest trip ever
- Favorite vacation
- Your pet
- Your best friend
- The ideal date for you
- A photograph that impressed you
- A book that impressed you
- A painting that impressed you
- The best restaurant in your town
- An addiction you have
- You favorite song
- The most embarrassing moment of your life
- Your room
- Your worst enemy
- People you see on the street
- Usual working day
- The brightest memory
- A teacher who influenced your life
- A stranger in the crowd
- Your hero
- Falling in love
- Exploring new city
- An experience that changed your life
- A new car
- A walk in the forest
- Beach party you attended
- Favorite dish
- Participating in sport competition
- A road trip
- First driving lesson
- Your major life achievement
- Experience of living abroad
- Visiting places from childhood
- Whom do you want to be when you grow up
- A funny memory
- Meeting a famous person
- Traveling with family
- Starting over
- First day at work
- Favorite beverage
- Favorite colleague
- Your first breakup
- Your favorite shoes
- Favorite Halloween outfit
- Favorite genre of music
- First day in college
- Your mentor
- Favorite childhood memory
- Vacation spot you would like to visit
- Favorite rock band
- Most influential moment of your life
- Your best childhood friend
- Your first phone
- Your date to prom
- Favorite painting
- High school reunion
- Favorite TV show
- Most influential TV personality
- Best family vacation
- Favorite teacher
- Favorite season of the year
- Favorite dish
- Favorite football team
- Your first girlfriend or boyfriend
- Your worst nightmare
- Your favorite movie hero
- Your first car
- A country you would like to visit
- Your childhood tree-house
- High school graduation
- Meeting an old friend
- Most influential political figure
- Most memorable childhood phobia
- Getting lost in the city
- Favorite basketball player
- Favorite cake
- Favorite yoghurt flavor
- Your first computer
- Your first 3D movie experience.
Need more topics?
As you can see, there are plenty ideas for you t write a descriptive essay. Don’t forget to include details and show your creativity and your essay will get success.
Tips on writing descriptive essay strucure elements
Tips on Introduction Writing
Introductions simply explains the topic the writer chose. It also provides the reasons why the writer chose the topic. When writing an introduction, you should focus on the following:
- Be brief and direct. Avoid ambiguity and provide a convincing justification of the topic chosen.
- Include a strong thesis. Do not pass the opportunity of capturing the reader’s attention by using a weak thesis.
- Narrow down the scope of the topic to avoid generalization.
Tips on Body Paragraphs Writing
The main body section often builds on the thesis statement. Therefore, the points provided here help to cement the writer’s position or support the thesis statement. Below are tips on writing the body section:
- Mainly consists of three paragraphs unless stated otherwise in the instructions.
- The first paragraph should focus on the features of the person, object, or situation.
- The second paragraph often contains information about the object’s, situation’s, or person’s surrounding.
- The third paragraph should appeal to the readers’ emotions and senses. The writer should, therefore, focus on things that will hypothetically give life to the picture being created.
Tip on Conclusion Writing
Fundamentally, a conclusion provides an emphasis of the writer’s description in the main body. Here are some tips on writing the conclusion:
- Restate the essay’s thesis statement.
- Provide a summary of the essay’s main points. Writers often conclude by using an emotional tone.
Samples of writing
A while ago I talked about choosing a blog topic for your website, now I will show you how to come up with great headlines for your articles using a catchy title generator.
Your blog is up and running and you are almost finished writing a cool post packed full with useful information and just before hitting the publish button you start thinking “is this the best title for my article?”
This happens to me a lot and I’m sure there are a lot of bloggers who struggle when it comes to writing catchy blog titles.
Brainstorming headlines works but unfortunately it takes too much time for me, that’s why I prefer using a catchy title generator.
Because it will generate hundreds of clickable headlines in seconds.
Sure you can make use of some headline writing tips but still the process can be a little time consuming.
So what’s a quicker faster way to come up with irresistible headlines for our posts?
First let’s see why headlines or catchy titles are so important.
Are Headlines that Important?
Think of it this way…
There are tons of articles published daily on the web.
Everybody tries to get ahead somehow, by optimizing the articles for search engines, ranking higher and so on.
The fact is that headlines play a very big role in your blog’s success.
It’s not enough to write the best content you can write you also have to come up with a cool title so that people will click on your site in search results and not on your competitor.
Great headlines can…
- Grab your visitors attention
- Increase CTR (click through rate)
- Increase traffic to your website
- Increase social shares
6+ Catchy Title Generator Tools
Here are some of the best catchy title generator tools so you can come up with endless awesome clickable blog titles in seconds.
1.) TweakYourBiz Title Generator
TweakYourBiz Title Generator is my favorite tool at the moment when it comes to blog title suggestions for my posts, simply because it doesn’t generate just one or 5 headlines it generates hundreds of them, how cool is that?
All you have to do is go through them and choose one that perfectly fits your content. Sure most won’t match your blog topic but usually you will find at least one that is just amazing.
2.) Portent’s Content Idea Generator
This is another simple to use catchy title generator. All you have to do is insert the subject or keyword and a clickable title will be automatically generated for you.
The downside is that you have to go through a few on them until you find one that fits your content. But still a very handy tool to have.
3.) HubSpot’s Blog Topic Generator
It’s quite easy to use HubSpot’s blog topic generator.
Just enter your keyword in the field and hit the button. Each time you will do this 5 titles will be generate for you.
Again all you have to do is enter a keyword and hit the “Get Ideas” button.
Wait a moment and a list of awesome headlines will be generated.
Just choose whatever you like the most.
5.) Inboundnow: Blog Title Idea Generator
This one is a little different from above because you don’t have to enter any keywords.
The tool works by randomly generating cool headlines with a [blank] space for your keyword.
It’s more like a catchy template generator.
6.) Link Bait Title Generator
This one is my latest addition to this list post as it is a little different from the above.
As usual you will have to enter your subject but this time you have an option to choose the headline type, such as: fun, controversial, list or shocking which is pretty cool.
List of awesome blog post titles
Last but not least remember that no headline generator is perfect so you may want to tweak it a little.
I usually end up deleting/adding a word or two.
What about you?
How do you come up with catchy titles for your posts?
I love to hear your thoughts on this, let me know in the comments bellow