Oh hi! Thanks for stopping by. The first thing you should do is to define your essay type. Different essay types may require different approaches and different thesis statements.
For example, a good thesis statement for an argumentative essay may look as following:
E.g. The most effective solution for the problem of poverty in Africa would be improved education system and better access to education, rather than humanitarian aid from developed countries.
Be sure to choose only the arguments you will be able to illustrate and develop in your essay. Feel free to revisit your thesis statement and rewrite it while you work on your paper and want to add or change something. If you decide to use the thesis statement suggested above, you will need to write one paragraph discussing a relationship between literacy of population and economic development of the country. Another paragraph should shed light on the current situation in Africa. Try to find the latest stats on education and economy in Africa. Numbers often speak louder than words when you need to illustrate your point and to persuade readers to share your position. The third paragraph should address the question of humanitarian aid and the attitude of the locals to it. Finally, make sure to repeat your thesis statement in the conclusion part, but use different wording.
Good luck and do let us know how it goes with your essay.
Second Claim Paragraph
The debate about gun control is often centered around [choose one: the second amendment/self-defense/crime control/violence.] One example of this can be found in [describe an event, law or fact related to this facet of the gun control debate.]
Additionally, gun control laws regulate the [choose one: sale/possession/modification/use] of firearms by civilians. This impacts [describe who or what this branch of gun control impacts and how.]
- The United States has a pervasive gun culture stemming from the 2nd Amendment to the Constitution which states that "A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
- The United States has the highest per capita and total number of guns in the world.
- Gun control is hotly debated because it involves issues of violence as well as issues of personal defense.
- Those who support stricter gun control laws believe that firearms should be more regulated by governmental entities, while those who support fewer gun control laws believe that such measures take away basic rights and securities.
- Those impacted by gun control laws include all citizens who wish to own a personal firearm for self-defense, sport hunting or collecting.
- Specific gun control measures include background checks and limitations on types of firearms and ammunition that may be legally purchased by citizens.
ProCon.org Information about Gun Control
JustFacts.com Resources on Gun Control
Atlantic.com Guide to Gun Laws in America and Worldwide