Receptionist cover letter sample
View this sample cover letter for a receptionist, or download the receptionist cover letter template in Word.
A receptionist is the spine that holds an office together. Your cover letter should demonstrate your skills and experience, as well as your passion for your work. To be considered for top receptionist jobs, it helps to have a well-crafted cover letter. For writing tips, view this sample cover letter for a receptionist, or download the receptionist cover letter template in Word.
Additionally, you can learn about administrative careers and search for receptionist jobs on Monster.
Receptionist cover letter template
Sometown, PA 55555 | (555) 555-5555 | firstname.lastname@example.org
July 27, 2017
Mr. Wendell Simpson
55 Custer Pkwy.
Sometown, PA 55555
Re: Front-Office Receptionist, Advertised on Monster
Dear Mr. Simpson:
After reviewing your job announcement for a front-office receptionist, I was struck by how closely my qualifications match your requirements.
For the past 3 years, I have worked as a front-office receptionist at XYZ, Inc. (a medical device company), where my duties are very similar to those outlined in your position opening:
- Warmly greeting and assisting customers and visitors
- Providing prompt, courteous call handling, routing and screening within a busy office setting
- Assisting HR with maintaining updated company rosters and phone lists
- Using MS Office to develop reports, templates, spreadsheets and presentations
- Performing clerical assignments (e.g., copying, filing, emailing, web updates and records management)
I believe that past performance is one of the best predictors of future success. Here are excerpts from my most recent review at XYZ:
“…Christina is a tremendous asset to our team in her role as front-office receptionist…energetic, enthusiastic and upbeat…outstanding communication and customer service skills…highly organized and efficient…her computer skills have been a real asset to the department…reliable, flexible and willing to pitch in when needed…a team player and outstanding employee. We are all going to miss her!”
— Penelope Cho, Supervisor, XYZ, Inc.
Next month I will be relocating to Sometown, PA, making it impractical for me to remain at XYZ due to the 100-mile commute. I have given my employer 30-day notice of my resignation, and am actively seeking employment in what will soon be my new hometown.
I am available to interview in person with just a few days notice, or immediately over the phone or via Skype (Skype ID: christinanicholslive). I hope to hear from you soon.
See all sample cover letters on Monster.
Medical Receptionist Cover Letter
Medical Receptionists are responsible for liaising between doctors and patients and updating patient records. Common job duties of a Medical Receptionist are welcoming guests, taking phone calls, handling the correspondence, gathering patient information, collecting payments, and preparing receipts. Besides billing they are also required to process insurance.
A cover letter for Medical Receptionist should make display of the following qualifications:
- Knowledge of medical terminology and procedures
- Computer literacy and the ability to use relevant software
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Attention to details and accuracy
- Multitasking and the ability to work under pressure
- Information collection and management skills
An example Medical Receptionist cover letter showcasing similar assets is available below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Medical Receptionist Resume Samples.
Dear Dr. Johnson:
As an experienced administrative professional, I am pleased to present the enclosed resume in response to your posting. With a strong knowledge base in handling patient scheduling and high-volume multi-line phone systems, I am prepared to excel as your next Medical Receptionist.
Through success in coordinating medical charts, patient records, and appointment scheduling functions—as well as providing outstanding general administrative support—I am well versed in the nuances of the medical industry. I adeptly manage a high volume of administrative tasks daily while simultaneously delivering excellent patient service.
Highlights of my experience include the following:
- Experience preparing documents, managing patient files, scheduling appointments, and organizing medical charts and materials while maintaining first-rate level of accuracy and confidentiality.
- Ability to manage patient information and medical records while ensuring adherence to strict regulatory mandates such as HIPAA.
- Communicating effectively with physicians, nurses, medical assistants, and senior management staff to facilitate highly efficient and productive medical office operations.
- Extensive secretarial / administrative background with strong abilities in full range of support tasks such as phone coverage, filing, and database management.
- Excelling at balancing multiple tasks while providing top-level organization, interpersonal, and communication skills; exceptional computer abilities with extensive software proficiencies.
Furthermore, my detail-oriented nature and ability to effectively collaborate with other team members offer additional skills essential to this position. I believe I would be a great asset to your team and look forward to hearing from you to discuss how I may contribute to your goals. Thank you for your time and consideration.
Crystal S. Simpson