Property Manager Cover Letter
Property Managers are in charge for maintaining property rentals by securing suitable tenants. Examples of Property Manager duties include setting rental rates, advertising vacancies, interviewing potential tenants, answering to client inquiries, negotiating contracts, adhering to occupancy rules, doing repairs, contracting landscaping services, overseeing building maintenance, preparing reports, and contracting security services. Their work also includes collecting data and analyzing occupancy trends.
Our collection of sample cover letters for Property Managers emphasizes the following experiences and qualifications:
- Sales skills and persuasion
- Customer focus
- Territory management skills
- Professionalism and reliability
- Strong communication and listening skills
- Computer competencies for recordkeeping purposes
- Networking and collaboration with various services
- Problem-solving orientation
Similar qualities can be seen in the Property Manager cover letter sample available beneath.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Property Manager Resume Samples.
Dear Mr. Evans:
Upon learning of your posting for a Property Manager, I hastened to submit my resume for your review. As an accomplished and successful residential property manager with experience managing affordable housing properties and ensuring regulatory compliance, I am prepared to significantly contribute to Apex’s objectives.
My background includes implementing policies and procedures, overseeing tenant acquisition and screenings, and managing healthy tenant relations for residential complexes of 200 units or more. From performing day-to-day operational responsibilities to organizing and directing staff, I excel at assessing tenant needs, collaborating with peers and management teams, and developing effective communication and organizational procedures to enhance tenants’ quality of life.
Highlights of my experience include…
- Ensuring occupancy and regulatory compliance for affordable housing units and keeping up-to-date on HUD procedures and requirements.
- Increasing occupancy rates by up to 75% through effective sales strategies, marketing plans, and relationship management abilities.
- Driving large-scale remodeling and maintenance projects while remaining on schedule and on budget.
- Demonstrating unparalleled dedication to providing outstanding operational and tenant relations management while developing and implementing property-wide policies and procedures to drive efficiency and property success.
- Serving as chief point of contact for tenants, vendors, contractors, and management teams to swiftly resolve concerns and optimize residential experiences.
- Excelling at balancing multiple tasks within deadline-driven environments while providing top-level organization and communication skills and improving operational systems.
My skills in property management have been finely honed, and I am confident my additional strengths will readily translate to your environment. The chance to offer more insight into my qualifications would be most welcome. Thank you for your consideration; I look forward to speaking with you soon.
Shawn M. Rowell
Property manager cover letter
View this sample cover letter for a property manager, or download the property manager cover letter template in Word.
Just as property managers are seeking to fill occupancy in real estate, so are hiring managers looking to fill occupancies in the workforce. To be considered for top property manager jobs, your cover letter must demonstrate your skills and experience, as well as your passion for your work. For writing tips, view this sample cover letter for a property manager, or download the property manager cover letter template in Word.
Additionally, you can learn about real estate careers and look for property manager jobs on Monster.
Property manager cover letter template
Sometown, NV 55555 | (555) 555-5555 | firstname.lastname@example.org
November 20, 2017
Mr. James Udell
55 First St.
Sometown, NV 55555
Re: Property Manager, Advertised on Monster
Dear Mr. Udell:
I am eager to join forces with ABC Company as your new property manager. With five years of experience as a property manager for a large apartment complex, complemented by 12+ years of prior success as a leasing consultant and licensed general contractor, I offer a “three-for-the-price-of-one” hiring advantage over other candidates you may be considering.
After earning a BS in Construction Engineering and Management (BSCEM) from Sometown University, I spent the first decade of my career as a general contractor for a leading homebuilder. Business was good, and I delivered dozens of residential developments. But when the recession hit and the real estate bubble burst, I found myself out of work along with many other construction industry professionals.
I found a new home with XYZ Company as a leasing consultant, delivering goal-surpassing results such as 99% occupancy for the company’s 400-unit high-rise condominium complex. This success led the CEO to offer me a promotion to my current position—property manager for XYZ’s newly opened, 750-unit luxury apartment complex.
In this high-visibility leadership position, I supervise a team of 15 leasing consultants, property engineers and support staff. My construction industry knowledge and contacts have enabled me to reduce maintenance costs by 18% annually. I have surpassed goals in other KPI areas, including rent growth (12% over goal), occupancy (consistently at 99%—8% above goal), resident satisfaction (25% over goal) and quick leasing of vacant units (accelerating the typical vacancy-to-lease timeline threefold).
These and related results are detailed in my attached résumé, and are reproducible for ABC Company. I will call your office on Monday to schedule a convenient time to discuss this opportunity. Thank you.