Facebook is an account which can help everyone to connect with different people from anywhere in the world, include the students. It will improve their knowledge about other places, customs and cultures. For example English students can improve their English by using chatting application that is provided in Facebook. In facebook, students be able to chat with foreigner in other countries. Therefore, students can learn about how to speak English well. In addition, Facebook also gives the students the opopportunity to communicate with their friends very easily. Students can use Facebook for group study by creating a group only for studying. Students can share any information’s and learn about homework, assignments, exams, etc in that group. Establish social connections with students at your school and at institutions across the country Connect with like minded individuals, and individuals with similar interests Stay in contact with old friends
Snow Day – Update!
Not sure if school will be open or closed on a snow day? Check it out on your teacher and/or Principal’s page on Facebook. You’ll find the answer and a whole lotta comments. Reaching out to a student in need Students shared that sometimes it’s hard for them to approach a teacher or even really reach out for help face-to-face. Sharing a disappointment on Facebook can be easier. Students shared how touched they were by encouraging words from a teacher either on their page, or as a face-to-face follow up.
Disadvantages of of using Facebook by Students:
It regards to students education, students are more often subjected to reading Facebook update than reading books Facebook users, most likely always want to know about update status, so that every day without they realize it takes time. They are stimulated to write unimportant things.
Students will have study distraction; students will be ignoring their valuable time to do homework and to study before the exams. In addition, students are spending more time in Facebook than review their lessons. When students browsing on the internet to search assignments, they prefer to chat with their friends about nonsense thing. Badly, Facebook like drugs that will make the students get addicted. Students can spend hours just to read their friends updates and looking at the latest pictures. Another problem by using Facebook is spending much money, in term to pay the internet costs. Students online disclosure of illegal activities, such as substance abuse, can be used if students come under investigation for related offenses. Potential employers may use facebook to discover information about students
Facebook- Facebook (formerly [thefacebook]) is an online social networking service headquartered in Menlo Park, California. Its name comes from a colloquialism for the directorygiven to students at some American universities. Facebook was founded on February 4, 2004, by Mark Zuckerberg with his college roommates and fellow Harvard University students Eduardo Saverin, Andrew McCollum, Dustin Moskovitz and Chris Hughes. The founders had initially limited the website’s membership to Harvard students, but later expanded it to colleges in the Boston area, the Ivy League, and Stanford University. It gradually added support for students at various other universities and later to their high-school students. Facebook now allows anyone who claims to be at least 13 years old worldwide to become a registered user of the website, although proof is not required.
Hello everybody! Welcome to my presentation today! My name’s Quỳnh and you can call me Ruby Wu
Now, I am very glad to give a short presentation about such an exciting topic: Advantages of Facebook on Students’ life. I am sure that everyone I know owns at least 1 Facebook account. And have you ever wondered why you use Facebook? I, What’s Facebook??? Not so long ago, college students lived in a world without Facebook, the social networking site that launched in 2004 and now has over 500 million users. For today’s college students, Facebook has become as commonplace as school sweatshirts and dreary cafeteria food.
GET EVEN A BETTER ESSAY WE WILL WRITE A CUSTOM
ESSAY SAMPLE ONAdvantages of Facebook for students lifeTOPICS SPECIFICALLY FOR YOU
Facebook is a social networking website introduced last 2004 and created by Mark Zugkerberg. A Free access website is privately possessed and operated by Facebook, Incorporated. Clients or users can unite networks prepared by city, office, school, and area to hook up and act together with other community. Citizens or people can also append associates and send them messages, and update their personal profile to notify friends about themselves.
Advantages of Facebook
1. Facebook is social software, which is the reason why this web are appealing to adolescence and university students.
These students all the time correspond or communicate explicitly concerning their lives, estimation or opinion, interests, and academics. Though the majority of us working with adults are awkward sharing ideas or information in open surroundings, the social feature of Facebook creates fun and its rapidity of learning knowledge.
2. Facebook provides us the chance to choose what you desire to share, and what you don’t need to impart, and what you desire to impart with chosen associates. My best friend “friended” me in Facebook.
She permitted me to catch a glimpse or see her status and pictures, except she does not allow me to watch what her associates or friends have to say, “Hmmm that makes me speculate”. However, the purpose here is with the aim that she has power over what I observe or see on her profile or space. Similarly, I can manage or control how much ideas or information I share about on my profile and I can restrict assured portions of information to particular associates or friends.
3. The building of Facebook appears over time. Clients or users can make groups and conversation or discussion topics.
It can be a good way for any students when studying group. The last great advantage of engaging students in facebook groups is perhaps the most powerful, the social influence from their peers. Whenever a student writes a strong answer or asks a good question, it inspires other students to rise to that level. And, they are growing together and will certainly see this growth over the course of the year.
4. FB is a fantastic social networking tool, and can be used to help students communicate with each other about all kinds of things.
Fall asleep in history class and need someone’s notes? Looking for a tutor or a study partner?
Need a ride home for the weekend? Need a lead on a campus job? Wondering where the party is? Moreover, since many professors are on Facebook too, this may be a good place to ask a quick question about an assignment.
5. Facebook is a one-stop shop or supermarket for imparting blogging, media, calendaring, communicating, and sharing ideas or information and others. Facebook can provide “Cooperative Extension” abilities or capabilities to work together and construct our networks in a single place by giving one place without difficulty, imparting ideas or information and discuss subject or topics of interest.
6. Facebook has also proven to be a great resource for high school seniors and others who need information about schools. Need to know what a school is really like? Log onto Facebook and find some school fan pages, and ask students about their experiences. Once students are admitted, Facebook is a great place to meet classmates ahead of time and to get to know college roommates. Since many college students are away from home, another advantage of Facebook is that it gives students the opportunity to stay in touch. Students who are homesick can keep in touch with family members and friends back home.
As for the issue that students are tuning out more serious issues to hang out on Facebook, there’s the matter of political organizations and other groups that have a Facebook presence. Students who want to get involved in campus or off-campus organizations, or who want to learn more about issues and ideas, may be able to find information and a network of like-minded people on Facebook. Ultimately, Facebook is what students make of it. For many, it truly does serve as a distraction that makes it hard to study, and for many others, it’s a valuable social networking tool (and, of course, for many students, it’s both).
At any rate, Facebook has greatly changed how students interact on college campuses in a very short period of time, and until something else comes along, it appears to be here to stay.
7. Perhaps even more importantly, Facebook can continue to serve as a networking resource after college, when it comes time to look for a job. Those hundreds of college friends on Facebook, who live all over the country and the world, will work for hundreds of companies in the near future. That constitutes a significant network.